Sunday, September 14, 2008

Meet the 'Men!

So, I've introduced you to my gorgeous girls, which means you need to meet C's fantastic boys!

But first up, a little confession.

I'm older than C. In years, it's only a year and five months. However, in terms of schooling--I just graduated from college and C's still a junior. When we started dating, I was a senior in high school and C was a sophomore. C's groomsmen are...young. Really young. Like, still in high school, young.

C is the youth worship coordinator at our church. As such, he is the lead guitarist and vocalist for the youth band, Find the 01. So, C's best friends are the guys in his band. And because it started as a youth band, three of the four are still in high school. Regardless, these guys are great Christians, fun to hang out with, and wonderful friends to the man of my dreams. While it may be a bit awkward for my hippy bridesmaid, who's a year older than I am, to walk with Guitar Man, who's 4 years younger than I am, I'm still so excited that these guys will be in the wedding.

The best man is C's little brother--Drummer Boy. Drummer Boy is a junior and he is a phenomenal drummer. I won't lie, I'm not so much musically inclined, but I can appreciate good music when I hear it. This boy brings tears to my eyes when he plays the drums. He could be C's twin and it has been such a blessing to get to know him over the past 5 years. He's excited to be in the wedding, and that makes me happy!

Guitar Man is the oldest of the groomsmen and is currently C's roommate the University of Tennessee. His musical genre of choice is metal and he can rip up his guitar like those twice his age. He's a master at Corn Hole and provides the Wii for my gaming pleasure. He also introduced me to Frisbee Golf. He is gracious enough to put up with me, and I admire him for being able to live with C. Hopefully C & I will be as good as roommates as he & Guitar Man are!

Bass Line is the youngest of the group, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him. He rocks on bass in the band, and he has perfect pitch! He plays tuba in the marching band, and I'm fairly certain he could play any instrument he touched. Oh, and his vocals are awesome! He's perhaps the shyest of the group, but that's not necessarily a bad thing!

Lastly we have Schroeder. He plays keys and synth and also sings a bit. He is quite possibly the sweetest person I've ever met! We share a nerdy love of the Classics--we both took Latin in high school. I took Greek in college, and though he's not formally studying the language, he has a Greek New Testament. How cool is that? He's also an incredibly talented musician and is one of the most appreciative people I know.

How does your man know his 'men? Are you friends with them, too?

-Amoré

(note: no photos on this one out of privacy for the guys. I'm sure you'll get to see some later, though.)

No comments: