Monday, September 29, 2008

Calendar Girl


I'm a calendar girl. Well, not a very successful one. . . . No, I'm not Miss July and I didn't pose for an actual calendar. Allow me to explain myself. . . .

Last September after the end of two serious relationships ("home boy" and "bad life choice") I decided that I didn't want anything serious and that it was time for me to truly experience dating. This led to declaring myself "Calendar Girl," which meant that I would date one boy a month. At the time this seemed like the perfect plan to me. I would be able to casually date and enjoy my senior year of college. I thought I had it all figured out, but as we all know (or have learned the hard way) you can't put too many rules on love (although I try). . . .

Enter Mr. September who was exactly what I needed at the time: a few text messages and a single date. Being a Calender Girl seemed like the plan for my life! Until all my plans changed and Mr. October walked into my life. . . . .

Did you find love when you stopped looking?

Next up: Meet Mr. October

--Love

No comments: