Thursday, January 8, 2009

Love's Engagement Pictures


One of the best things about having a close friend who's also planning a wedding is sharing stories, advice, and the best of all--services! Amore and I are able to not only share in our wedding woes and joys, but we can also help a sister out. I admit she's getting the short end of the stick because the services I've given her don't even begin to compare to the talents she's shared with me. Example one: engagement photographer!

While B and I were visiting his family in the Knoxville area over Christmas we met up with Amore on a windy Sunday afternoon in downtown Knoxville for our engagement picture shoot. The weather.com forecast had given 70% chance of rain so I had been stressed out all week, but we were lucky and it was a beautiful sunny day. Well, at least it looks that way from the pictures. The truth is it was windy and about 30 degrees, which made B and I frozen since we chose not to wear jackets for the shoot.

I fought the urge to create a shot list because I wanted to let Amore's "creative juices flow." The only direction she gave us: "Look in love." No problem I thought! There certainly were times when I didn't know what to do, but soon remembered that looking in love with B is quite an easy task.

Not long into the shoot we were standing on the stairs and Amore told us to kiss. As soon as we kissed some passersby below started to howl at us, which made us both laugh hysterically! It actually turned out to be one of my favorite shots:

The rest of the day was spent walking around downtown finding interesting shots and, well, looking in love! It was actually lots of fun to have a friend shoot our pictures because not only did it save, but we were instantly comfortable with our photographer. No awkward getting to know one another conversations just catching up and clicking!


I'm not gonna lie I felt a little spoiled getting to spend the whole day walking around with my fiance and having our own personal paparazzi! Amore's not done editing our pictures yet, and I can't wait to see all the fabulous shots she got. We'll use these pictures for our save the date's, which will go out within the next few weeks.

Did you and a friend trade services for your weddings?

--Love

No comments: