Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shower Oops!

My FMIL, and her friends, are throwing B and I a shower next weekend. The invitation finally arrived yesterday (a mere 11 days in advance). The shower will be held at the church were B's dad is currently pastor. B knows the guests and I've only briefly met most of those invited.

From my understanding, the shower is supposed to be a "home improvement" themed shower. Since B knows everyone better and we desperately need tools and things to begin our home renovations (more to come on that later, but we get to start fixing up the house in the next few weeks). So we registered at Home Depot. . . if you can call it that. Home Depot technically has a wedding registry, but demand was so low that they no longer offer scanners. That's right--we took a clip board and pen and registered what I imagine is the old fashion way. The registry is also not available online, but guests can access the registry in store from any Home Depot nationally. Let me tell you. . . that was an experience!

The invitations that came specified that this will be a "Jack and Jill shower." I had to Google it to figure out what that, according to this site it's basically a shower that's for both the bride and groom with gifts that both would enjoy. My FMIL told me months ago that she was planning on having a book passed around where guests shared their marriage advice with us. Well, when the invitation came it suggested that guests bring their favorite home improvement advice to share with us! I expected to get marriage advice and will instead get advice on how to properly paint a wall!

It was also important to my FMIL that I register with Pampered Chef. She said that her local consultant was popular and many women in her community favored Pampered Chef for wedding gifts. However, when the shower invitation arrived it didn't list Pampered Chef as one of our listed registries. After a quick check of the registry online, I discovered that no gifts have been purchased from it yet. This isn't a big deal except that this is the only reason I registered there at all.

I'm very grateful for the shower and I want to appear appreciative for all their work, but do I say anything?

Did you experience any "shower oops?"

--Love

1 comment:

Abigail Gray said...

Hi,

I have visited your website http://labrides.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if it would be possible to get a link to my partner's website on it?

I'll place a link back to you in 2 of my Industrial Supplies Guide
website exactly here:

http://www.aganelektronik.com/ with page rank 2
http://www.angusandannie.com/ with page rank 1
http://www.pstbic.com/ with page rank 1


If you agree, then please link to me using these details, I´ll place a link back in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site:

Title: CNC Turning
URL: http://www.ultraprecision.co.uk/turning-services.htm
Description: Ultra Precision supply professional CNC turning services
across the UK.


Please don't forget to send me the title of your website after you
place my link so I can do the same.

I’ll be waiitng for your kind reply

Regards
Abigail Gray
abigail.gray@aganelektronik.com
Online Marketing Consultant



This is just a link exchange request, but if you feel uncomfortable
receiving these kind of requests, please let me know at
stop@nomoremails.com, or just register at www.nomoremails.com so we
avoid contacting you again. Thanks for your attention.