Friday, May 8, 2009

Ready.

I've admitted to dreaming about my wedding for as long as I can remember. A few weeks ago during the Great Passport Search (more about this later), I found my first wedding file: a 3 1/2 floppy disk with "Love's Wedding" written in purple magic marker. At the time I thought that I wanted fish bowls as centerpieces (I used this idea at BM Tabitha's 16th birthday party) and red roses everywhere. A lot has changed since then, but I've never stopped "planning."

When all my best friends were getting married I also jumped head first into helping plan their weddings while also contributing to my many wedding files. While dating "Bad Life Choice" I couldn't sleep so I would stay up all night searching wedding blogs for inspiration for a wedding I knew would never include him. I was focused on the wedding itself.

Now, only 64 days from my own wedding I've found a totally different perspective. Yes, I adore planning my own wedding, but for different reasons. I want to plan now to celebrate the love I share with B. I want to share in a day that will bring together those we love most to share in our vows and celebration.

At the end of the day, all I want is to share in a marriage with him. My goal is no longer to have the most perfect flowers or the most creative details. We're ready. I think my perspective has changed because I share in a love that goes beyond the glitter of the wedding ceremony. . . a love that makes me more excited about the marriage.

I know it's the right thing when I would forgo all the "fixings" of a wedding I love so much to marry B in a church with no pomp and circumstance. And I know it's the right when he recognizes how much I love all the "fixings" of a wedding and wants to share in a day that's special for us both.

How has your engagement changed your perspective on weddings? Are you just ready to be married?

--Love

No comments: