Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Fat Tuesday!


Today is Fat Tuesday, which is the day that precedes Ash Wednesday. I've never celebrated Fat Tuesday before, but B is a big fan of Lent. We're planning on eat pancakes to celebrate (sometime after what will hopefully be the last basketball game of the season). Tomorrow we will attend the Ash Wednesday service together at our church and then observe Lent for the next 40 days.


I love Jesus, but I slack when it comes to Lent. Every year I give up something and never seem to stick with it. Since I'm preparing to make a big commitment I've decided I will also commit myself to Lent this season.


What am I giving up?


  • I'm choosing to give up french fries (because they're not good for me and believe me it will be a sacrifice).

More importantly, what will I do?


  • I will complain less. This is one of the happiest times of my life, yet I find myself constantly complaining about my job and the little things.

  • I will follow my diet. I've seen some results, but I know there would be more to brag about if I were more committed.

  • I will love people more.

What are you giving up for Lent?


--Love

No comments: